Application requirements for full-time Fine Arts doctoral studies (practice-based) 2022 academic year
Dates and Deadlines
|Application documents must be submitted.||5-7 of September 2022
Admission documents are submitted in one pdf. by e-mail (email@example.com)
|Assessment of Creative Work and Professional Development - Review. Announcement of participants invited for an interview with the admission committee.||15th of September 2022, 5 pm|
|Admission commission meeting (applicant’s participation is obligatory).||20th of September 2022, 10 am|
|The list of invited applicants to doctoral studies will be announced.||20th of September 2022, 5 pm|
|Reception and analysis of appeals.||21st of September 2022|
|The announcement of the list of the admitted to doctoral studies.||23rd of September 2022|
Required documents (have to be submitted in one pdf.)
- Application to the VAA rector;
- The copy of Master of Arts diploma and diploma supplement in the original language, with the certified translation to English or Lithuanian;
Vilnius Academy of Arts (VAA) has been granted the right by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports of the Republic of Lithuania to recognize foreign qualifications of its international applicants for the purposes of further studies at VAA. Recognition of foreign qualifications at VAA is accomplished by the International Relations Office.
- Letters of recommendation of two recognized artists (2022);
- Portfolio (Creative works) and CV (Professional development);
- Description of the art research project (3000 - 5000 words);
- Copy of ID or passport;
- Receipt of the admission fee.
Art project description guidelines
- Main problem of art project creative part.
- Context of the creative field.
- Foreseen goal and process of the creative part.
- The main problem, goal and process of the theoretical part of the art project.
- Historiography context of the theoretical part.
- Relationship between creative and theoretical parts.
Competition grade formula
Competition grade consists of the portfolio (Prt), description of the art research project (Mtpa), interview (Pk).
Ʃ - competition grade
Ʃ = 0,25Prt + 0,5Mtpa + 0,25Pk
Admission fee payment, account requisites
Admission fee is 30 EUR
Vilniaus dailės akademija
Legal entity (VAA) code 111950439
Account no. LT44 7300 0100 0245 5498
Bank code 73000
The title of the entrance fee should be: stojamoji imoka i doktorantura+applicant’s name.
In case admission fee is paid not to VAA account the application is not considered. If an applicant withdraws the documents, the admission fee is not refunded.
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a scholarship of the amount established by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania during the period of studies from 9 576 EUR to 11 088 EUR per year.
Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of the tuition fee. Self-funded doctoral students pay the tuition fee that is 11 045 euros per year.