- About us
- Apply for degree studies
- Exchange studies
- For Students
- Art Research & Innovation
Admission to the Vilnius Academy of Arts (VDA) is based on 2 main stages: your portfolio and motivational interview (each sums up the assessment score by a ratio of 50:50). As a non-EU/EEA foreigner who doesn't hold a Permanent residence permit and Lithuanian language certificate, You need to apply through the VDA application portal.
If you are an EU/EEA citizen, a person of Lithuanian origin or a non-EU/EEA national who have a right of permanent residence in Lithuania - you also need to complete an application form of general admission via the website of the Association of Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions (LAMA BPO portal).
About eligibility requirements please learn more here.
1. From the top menu bar, under Apply for degree studies click on the Application portal.
2. Select the desired degree card and click Apply.
3. You will be redirected to the Application portal.
4. Enter the desired programme, select filter options below (degree, terms, and languages) and click Find programmes.
5. After selecting a program from the results, click Apply now ! (please note that admissions must have started).
Once you have completed filling out the application - we will review it and forward it to the relevant department of the program you are applying for.
After the department has reviewed your portfolio and verified that it meets the minimum requirements, we will issue you a pre-acceptance letter and invite you to an admission interview, which usually takes place at the end of June - beginning of July.
RULES FOR ADMISSION TO THE VDA
1. Admission Deadlines (for 2023/2024)
(additional admission: August 14
Please note, that the admission dates & deadlines are preliminary and may be changed considering the general agreements of Lithuanian higher education institutions.
The following required documents are uploaded:
- Portfolio (personal website, social network account, link to Google Drive, or any other online platform with external access);
- Statement of the main artistic objectives and concepts for the final MA project and thesis
- Official legalized documents of previous education - Bachelor's degree diploma and its supplement (Transcript of Records / Mark Sheet) in the original language and the certified translation to English or Lithuanian.
- Copy of ID or passport;
- English Language Certificate (CEFR - B2, IELTS -5.5, TOEFL -75) or any other proof of English Language proficiency;
- Proof of payment of the 100 Euro non-refundable application fee (copy of the bank transfer). Payment requisites can be found in the Fees and Funding section.
Only 3 applications can be submitted at once.
|Entrance interviews are being held via the ZOOM application.||
Entrance interview starts (online):
2023, June 19 (each applicant will get the exact time and link individually that will be sent to email)
Entrance interview starts (online):
2023, July 05 (a few days before, each Applicant will get the exact time and link individually that will be sent to email).
2023, August 22 (a few days before each Applicant will get the exact time and link individually that will be sent to email).
3. Submitting the portfolio
Portfolio. Please note, you need to have your own portfolio when applying to the VDA. These should be your creative works uploaded online with a link to Google Drive, social networks, video, or website.
! Please avoid sending your portfolio through file-sharing programs where uploaded material must be downloaded within a limited time, such as Wetransfer.
• The portfolio content should be submitted with the applicant's application form.
• It is recommended that the Portfolio be submitted in PDF format or uploaded to an online accessible and non-temporary link (Google Drive, Website). If the portfolio is provided as a video film or other moving image, or motion picture, it must also be available through a working public link.
• The portfolio file must be named after the applicant's full name. In PDF format, the title page must also indicate the applicant's name, surname, phone number, and study program(s) to which the applicant is applying.
• The contents of the portfolio files are not strictly regulated. The applicant freely chooses which of his creative works to submit to the admission jury, but it is recommended to do so with motivation so that the works and their quantity best describe the applicant's ideas and their wide expression or knowledge of the field. Also, any active links to executed and participated projects, contests, festivals, publications, and social activities can be added.
• Each applicant's work of art should be accompanied by short descriptions (motive or title, description of the idea (theme) of the creation, year of creation, technique, dimensions).
• Works must be submitted - scanned or photographed in a well-lit environment, with a resolution suitable for showing fine work details.
• When submitting his portfolio to the commission, the applicant guarantees that the submitted work(s) is the result of independent creative activity (the authorship of the work is defined in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania). Submission of third-party works or works created with artificial intelligence (AI) is strictly prohibited. If it turns out to be false, the evaluation results are cancelled and the Applicant is rejected.
• A few days or a day before the exam date, the Applicant receives the link and time of the motivational admission interview, for joining via ZOOM. The Applicant must immediately confirm that he has received the invitation by his e-mail
3.1. Requirements and procedure for conducting an entrance interview:
• The Applicant must prepare for the interview in advance, ensuring that the video and sound (camera and microphone) quality is good and working properly. The Applicant's face should be visible and there should be no bright objects shining behind the Applicant, that can block the view
• Before the start of the admission interview, the Applicant is informed about its duration and other requirements
• The Applicant must have an identity document - passport, ID card, or driver's license and clearly show it to the admissions committee at the beginning of the interview
• During the interview, the Applicant must be ready to share a screen on ZOOM for the admission committee and show the portfolio
• The Applicant introduces himself to the committee
• During the interview, the Applicant talks only with admission committee members and answers their questions
• The duration of the interview may last between 10-20 minutes depending on the number of Applicants in each study programme
• Depending on the results of the interview and after calculating the competitive score, The Applicant receives an automatic VDA letter (indicating that he has been accepted or rejected)
• Accepted students should make a decision whether to choose the program(s) offered to them or no, within 7 days of receiving the letter.