Malūnų str. 3, Vilnius
Head of laboratory Ramūnas Alminas
|Mob. 8 620 email@example.com|
|Specialist for practical training of students Jonas Gencevičius||Mob. 8 610 firstname.lastname@example.org|
In the Metal Laboratory, students of all departments of the Vilnius Academy of Arts can implement their creative ideas by applying various metal processing technologies. Welding, cutting, bending, drilling, grinding, turning, milling works are possible, constructing, modeling spatial art objects and structures. In the foundry room it is possible to make gypsum or silicone negative molds of small objects, wax sculpture models and cast them in bronze or in aluminum.
- MIG/MAG welding machine (semi-automatic);
- TIG welding machine;
- MMA welding machine;
- mobile spot welding machine;
- plasma cutting machine;
- gas (oxygen, propane) welding equipment;
- soldering equipment;
- welding table (with supports and clamps).
- metal lathes;
- combined metal milling and drilling machine;
- metal belt grinding machine;
- grinding - sharpening machine;
- metal band saw cutting machine;
- profile rolling machine;
- manual armature bending machine;
- pipe bending machines (manual,hydraulic).
Metal casting equipment:
- electric heating kilns (molds burning, heating crucibles);
- electric metal melting furnace.
In the laboratory, students can use a variety of portable hand-held power tools, hand-held metalworking tools. There is a screw compressor with an air preparation system as well. Up to four students can work in the laboratory premises at the same time. VAA employees can use the laboratory premises and equipment for creative purposes, compatible with the study process.