VIIth International hon.prof. Algimantas Švėgžda drawing contest - exhibition “Drawing 2019”
Baltic art higher school students’ drawing contest exhibition is held annually in Vilnius Academy of Arts. The aim of this exhibition is to introduce the ideas of young artists, to show their creative and professional skills, to encourage innovation and to reveal the potential variety of drawing. This project focuses on more universal aims. We believe that the exhibition will help to foster the professional prestige of the young artists, to disseminate experimental and academically motivated art and to develop international communication and relations.
Contest winners will be awarded 3 awards (500, 300,100 euros and a 10-day relaxation stay in Nida Art colony) as well as 9 diplomas. The first three awards will be granted the right to hold personal exhibitions in the Academy's galleries.
The contest is open for the Baltic and neighbouring higher art schools’ students of all study cycles and who are under 35.
Artworks for the exhibitions are selected by the six-member drawing contest jury confirmed by the VAA Rector. The contest results are to be published on October 1.
Important information (from the Statute)
- The contest is open for the Baltic and neighbouring higher art schools’ students of all study cycles and who are under 35.
- Single drawings or their cycles are to be presented for the contest.
- One author can present no more than three drawings (or the cycle) created in 2017-2019. The longest side of the drawing should not exceed 2.5 meters.
- The candidates fill in the indicted application form*online by 01-07-2019 and by 01-08-2019 the jury,in a distant way, select drawings that will participate in exhibition-contest.
- The selected drawings are provided to VAA museum by 10-09-2019.
- Contest drawings are signed, sustainable, prepared for exhibiting, indicating the metrics of the drawing (author, title, year, technique, measurements, educational institution). Digital storage of the drawing should be provided. Not properly prepared drawings are not selected for the contest.
For more information please contact:
Dean of Vilnius Faculty VAA
Assoc. Prof. Česlovas Lukenskas