Call for applications: doctoral studies on the topic of 'The Artist-Researcher’s Transgressive Roles in Art and Beyond'
Tutors: assoc. prof. dr. Vytautas Michelkevičius, prof. Artūras Raila.
Three-year funded doctoral studies for researchers from all over the world.
Dates and Deadlines
|Application documents must be submitted||17-21 of August
Admission documents are submitted in one pdf. by e-mail (email@example.com)
|Assessment of Creative Work and Professional Development - Review. Announcement of participants invited for an interview with the admission committee.||2nd of September|
|Admission commission meeting (applicant’s participation is obligatory)||4th of Sptember, 10 am|
|The list of invited applicants to doctoral studies will be announced||4th of Sptember, 5 pm|
|Reception and analysis of appeals||7th September, 9 am - 12 pm|
|The announcement of the list of the admitted to doctoral studies||7th of September, 3 pm|
Required documents (have to be submitted in one pdf.)
- Application to the VAA rector;
- The copy of Master of Arts diploma and diploma supplement in the original language, notary authorized translation (certified translation) and confirmation of Centre for quality assessment;
- Letters of recommendation of two recognized artists (2020);
- Portfolio (Creative works) and CV (Professional development);
- Description of the art research project (3000 - 5000 words);
- Copy of ID or passport;
- Receipt of the admission fee.
Art project description guidelines
- Main problem of art project creative part.
- Context of the creative field.
- Foreseen goal and process of the creative part.
- The main problem, goal and process of the theoretical part of the art project.
- Historiography context of the theoretical part.
- Relationship between creative and theoretical parts.
Competition grade formula
Competition grade consists of the portfolio (Prt), description of the art research project (Mtpa), interview (Pk).
Ʃ - competition grade
Ʃ = 0,25Prt + 0,5Mtpa + 0,25Pk
Admission fee payment, account requisites
Admission fee is 30 EUR
Vilniaus dailės akademija
Legal entity (VAA) code 111950439
Account no. LT44 7300 0100 0245 5498
Bank code 73000
The title of the entrance fee should be: stojamoji imoka i doktorantura+applicant’s name.
In case admission fee is paid not to VAA account the application is not considered. If an applicant withdraws the documents, the admission fee is not refunded.
Duration of studies
3 year doctoral studies.
First year - 741 Eur/month; second-third year - 858 Eur/month
Studies are funded by the project „Doktorantūros studijų plėtra“ .