Application requirements for full time Fine Arts doctoral studies 2018 academic year (For foreign citizens)
Dates and Deadlines
|Application documents must be submitted||18-21 of June, 9 am - 5 pm|
|Assessment of Creative Work and Professional Development - Review. Announcement of participants invited for interview with admission commission.||25th June|
|Admission commission meeting (applicant’s participation is obligatory)||27th of June, 10 am|
|The list of invited applicants to doctoral studies will be announced||27th of June, 5 pm|
|Reception and analysis of appeals||28th June - 2nd July, 9 am - 12 pm|
|The announcement of the list of the admitted to doctoral studies||3rd of July, 3 pm|
- Application to the VAA rector;
- The copy of Master of Arts diploma and diploma supplement in original language, notary authorized translation (certified translation) and confirmation of Centre for quality assessment;
- Letters of recommendation of two recognized artists (2018);
- CV and description of creative activity;
- Description of art research project (3000 - 5000 words);
- Portfolio (reviews in the press, art pieces’ photographs reflecting the development of creative activity);
- Copy of ID or passport;
- Receipt of admission fee.
Art project description guidelines
- Main problem of art project creative part.
- Context of creative field.
- Foreseen goal and process of creative part.
- Main problem, goal and process of theoretical part of art project.
- Historiography context of theoretical part.
- Relationship between creative and theoretical parts.
Competition grade formula
Competition grade consists of portfolio (Prt), description of art research project creative (Kda) and theoretical (Tda) parts, interview (Pk).
Ʃ - competition grade
Ʃ = 0,3Prt + 0,3Kda + 0,2Tda + 0,2Pk
Admission fee payment, account requisites
Admission fee is 30 EUR
Vilniaus dailės akademija
Legal entity (VAA) code 111950439
Account no. LT44 7300 0100 0245 5498
Bank code 73000
The title of the entrance fee should be: stojamoji imoka i doktorantura+applicant’s name.
In case admission fee is paid not to VAA account the application is not considered. If an applicant withdraws the documents, admission fee is not refunded.
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a scholarship of the amount established by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania during the period of studies from 8664 EUR to 10032 EUR per year.
Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of tuition fee. Self-funded doctoral students pay the tuition fee that is 8352 euros per year.
Documents are submitted and information is provided
Malūnų g. 3 (VAA building C1), Vilnius.