Application requirements for full time Fine Arts doctoral studies 2018 academic year (For foreign citizens)
Applicants, who received education in foreign educational institutions, may be admitted to state financed studies in Lithuania high education institutions if they are:
- Citizens of Lithuania Republic, EU States members or EEA countries;
- Citizens of non EU or EEA countries, having permanent residence permit to reside in Lithuania Republic and those without citizenship with permanent residence permit to reside in Lithuania Republic;
- Lithuanian origin foreigners who provide the document issued by Lithuanian community of that country, proving applicant’s Lithuanian origin.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons, who do not meet the above mentioned criteria, are admitted to high education institutions after fulfilling the requirements of the contest to study on their own expense. Regulatory tuition fee is 8352 EUR.
Dates and Deadlines
|Application documents must be submitted||18-21 of June, 9 am - 5 pm|
|Assessment of Creative Work and Professional Development - Review. Announcement of participants invited for interview with admission commission.||25th June|
|Admission commission meeting (applicant’s participation is obligatory)||27th of June, 10 am|
|The list of invited applicants to doctoral studies will be announced||27th of June, 5 pm|
|Reception and analysis of appeals||28th June - 2nd July, 9 am - 12 pm|
|The announcement of the list of the admitted to doctoral studies||3rd of July, 3 pm|
- Application to the VAA rector;
- The copy of Master of Arts diploma and diploma supplement in original language, notary authorized translation (certified translation) and confirmation of Centre for quality assessment;
- Letters of recommendation of two recognized artists (2018);
- CV and description of creative activity;
- Description of art research project (3000 - 5000 words);
- Portfolio (reviews in the press, art pieces’ photographs reflecting the development of creative activity);
- Copy of ID or passport;
- Receipt of admission fee.
Art project description guidelines
- Main problem of art project creative part.
- Context of creative field.
- Foreseen goal and process of creative part.
- Main problem, goal and process of theoretical part of art project.
- Historiography context of theoretical part.
- Relationship between creative and theoretical parts.
Competition grade formula
Competition grade consists of portfolio (Prt), description of art research project creative (Kda) and theoretical (Tda) parts, interview (Pk).
Ʃ - competition grade
Ʃ = 0,3Prt + 0,3Kda + 0,2Tda + 0,2Pk
Admission fee payment, account requisites
Admission fee is 30 EUR
Vilniaus dailės akademija
Legal entity (VAA) code 111950439
Account no. LT44 7300 0100 0245 5498
Bank code 73000
The title of the entrance fee should be: stojamoji imoka i doktorantura+applicant’s name.
In case admission fee is paid not to VAA account the application is not considered. If an applicant withdraws the documents, admission fee is not refunded.